WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT WORKING REMOTELY
Schedules & PTO
● Our standard work hours and schedules apply during this time.
● Track time and attendance as you would during work performed in your regular office.
● If you are eligible for overtime, supervisory approval is required in advance of working any overtime hours.
● Request PTO and other leave during remote work in MyLeave as you would normally. Supervisory approval is required.
Productivity & Timeliness
● Ensure you are working at the standard level of productivity in a given workweek as you would working from your office, even if providing care for a child or elder.
● Retrieve and respond to phone messages and email throughout the day.
Equipment, Software & Tools
● CU Anschutz may permit the use of compatible hardware/software that you own during this time.
● The Office of Information Technology offers instruction on accessing campus resources remotely, as well as best practices for video conferencing, online chats, virtual collaboration and more.
● The university does not assume liability for loss, damage or wear of personal hardware/software. In the event that your equipment fails or malfunctions, notify your supervisor immediately to plan for any repair or replacement, and to discuss work assignments. Should you experience delays in equipment repair or replacement, or any other circumstance that prohibits you from working remotely, you may be required to take leave.
● Please let the campus ADA Coordinator know if you need an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of your position.
● Be aware that some information used in your work, such as that covered by HIPAA, may be deemed confidential by CU Anschutz, and apply all university-required security safeguards and policies at the same level as in the regular office in order to protect such information from unauthorized disclosure, loss or damage.