The university offers licenses for either Adobe Acrobat Pro or Adobe Creative Cloud to CU Denver faculty and staff at reduced prices.
Adobe Acrobat Pro
is available for an annual rate of $18. This can only be charged to a speedtype, procurement cards are not accepted. With Acrobat Pro, you can create and edit PDFs, compress and split PDFs, delete pages, extract pages, insert new pages, reorder pages, request signatures, fill and sign, prepare a form, share, send for comments, and compare files.
Adobe Creative Cloud (includes Acrobat Pro)
is available for an annual rate of $65. This can only be charged to a speedtype, procurement cards are not accepted. With Creative Cloud, you can create amazing digital media with apps like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro, Adobe Express, and more.
To Request an Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe Acrobat License
Please have your department speedtype ready to complete the request on the OIT Service Center
portal. Licenses cannot be purchased with a procurement card.
- After you are logged in, select Make a Request
- In the service catalog, select Software and Applications and then select Adobe
- Select either Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Request a new license by selecting New and complete the form
- Click Submit Order
Licenses are active for one year from July 1st through June 30th. Faculty and staff will not have to request Adobe accounts each year. Current account holders will receive a renewal email from OIT in June to ask if you have any changes or would like to cancel your account. If you do not answer, your Adobe account will be automatically renewed and billed to the speedtype provided at signup.
If you would like to cancel your license, please select Disconnect
and complete the form.
Departments and Centers can procure an Adobe Creative Cloud license for a student employee or worker by completing the request form and providing a speedtype for that student. The department and/or center is responsible for managing the license and opting out of renewal when the student leaves their position or no longer requires the software.
Next step after being approved for a license
When you submit the order, a service request will be created and you will receive an email with an Incident / Record ID number. Once you receive a follow-up message that you have been approved for a license, you can access the Adobe Creative Cloud software by going to https://www.adobe.com. This email will come from Adobe so please check your Junk or Spam folder.
- Click on Sign In at the top right-hand corner of the screen
- Type in your university email address
- Enter your university credentials at the CU Denver | Anschutz Web Login page
- Once you're logged in, go to your account by clicking on your profile in the upper right corner and all your applications will be listed
- You can access the applications there in the online portal on any device or you can download them from your account to your device (up to 3 devices for a single user)