If you have taken any college-level coursework at a regionally accredited college after high school graduation (or equivalent), you will be evaluated as a transfer student. If your only college coursework was taken while concurrently enrolled in high school (prior to graduation), you will be evaluated for freshman/first-year admission.


The cumulative GPA is calculated as or converted to a 4.0 scale and will include all college or university course work attempted, including course work from foreign institutions.​ Although high school transcripts are not required for an admission decision, if you have 24 or more college level semester hours completed, we highly recommend you submit them as they may help in the satisfaction of certain degree requirements.

Transfer admission requirements

​Our students are some of the best and brightest individuals who are driven to pursue their passion. Learn more about what it will take to join their ranks as a CU Denver Student in one of our schools or colleges. Admission requirements vary by school and college so be sure to know what is required of your program before applying.