UPDATE: The Ombuds Offices is offering our full services to our community virtually. We are available to meet with individuals by phone or by Zoom. We are also able to conduct facilitated conversations and trainings virtually upon request. You may call our offices and leave a message or email us directly. For more information as to how our office works, please see below.
email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Helping You Navigate in Conflict
The Ombuds Office acts as a no-barrier, first-stop for students, faculty and staff seeking guidance, information and insight from a trusted advisor who is:
- INDEPENDENT We are not affiliated with any other office or department at the University, but exist to present solutions and guidance that is independent of external and internal forces.
- IMPARTIAL We do not take sides, but work to address issues in a way that allows everyone involved in a dispute to be treated fairly and in good faith.
- CONFIDENTIAL We will protect your identity and the information you share and are not compelled to share details of any conversation with the University. Our only exception is imminent harm to self or to others.
- INFORMAL Visiting us doesn't trigger a formal course of action often typical of HR or legal processes. Engaging an Ombuds is always "off the record".
- VOLUNTARY No one can be prohibited from visiting the Ombuds Office, nor can anyone be compelled to use our services.