Photography and video services

University Communications hires professional photographers to provide high-quality images to aid in visual storytelling in official university communications, promotional materials and websites.

Digital asset database

High-quality digital assets are available, free of charge, to all university personnel for use in official university communications through our digital assets catalog, located at

Current staff, faculty and students:

  • Click the “Internal Login” button and enter your university credentials using the same username and password as your email.

External users:

  • Click “Register” to create a user account and request access to the database. Requests will be processed within two business days.

How to use the database:

  • Search photos by keywords.
  • Explore photos organized in folders by categories.

If you have questions about the database or need help selecting a photo, email us at Please allow 24 hours for our reply.

On-campus photography and filming guidelines

Filming permissions at the university is overseen by the Film Advisory Committee through Facilities Management. Find filming guidelines and information on the filming permit request and approval process

Film permit requests must be submitted at least seven business days prior to filming. The use of university grounds, buildings and subjects for non-university photo, film and recording purposes are evaluated on a case-by-case basis and require additional levels of approval and permitting.

Talent release forms

A signed talent release is required from all persons (students, faculty, staff and/or members of the public) visibly recognizable in photos, videos or audio recordings used for university-related marketing or advertising, as well as for student projects. For persons under 18, a talent release must be signed by a parent or legal guardian. 

All communications and content – including images, videos and recordings – sharing any individual's health-related information must comply with provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). HIPAA releases (patient consent) will be required for all photos, videos and film taken in a clinical care area on university or affiliate hospital property.

Download release forms