Take Advantage of Reduced Price or Free SoftwareAug 12, 2022
Software and applications are available for free or at a discounted rate for the university community. Visit the OIT software webpage for a full list of searchable software such as:
Microsoft 365 products
The software is available for faculty, students, and staff at no charge on up to five devices to work from virtually anywhere and any device! Download the latest versions of Microsoft 365 applications by logging in at: https://office.com. Visit the Microsoft 365 webpage for additional support, how-to instructions for many of the apps including Outlook, Teams, and OneDrive, and links to Microsoft’s training documentation and videos. To see what’s available in Microsoft 365:
- Sign-in using your university email address and password
- Click on the waffle in the upper left-hand corner
- Select from the list of available applications
Adobe Creative Cloud
As part of the university’s Adobe Creative Campus program, Adobe software and tools are available at no cost to current students and a significantly discounted cost of $45 per year for faculty and staff. Access tools such as Acrobat, Photoshop, After Effects, Premier Pro, and Spark, to name just a few.
- Active students are already provisioned with Adobe – simply sign into the Adobe Creative Cloud software at https://www.adobe.com/ using your university email and then log in through the university web login page using your university credentials.
- Faculty and staff will need to have their department’s speedtype ready when requesting a license through the OIT Service Center Portal.
For help getting started, check out the user guides and tutorials.
BioRender is a web-based program that helps you create scientific figures up to 50x faster than traditional tools. The tool combines a library of over 50,000 scientifically accurate, expert-validated life science icons and templates with intuitive drag-and-drop functionality. Create professional-quality figures in minutes - no drawing skills required. With BioRender, you can:
- Create figures for all your visual needs like your publications, posters, and presentations
- Pair figures with data collected from your experiments
- Communicate your research at the next level
The cost for faculty, staff, and students is $200 for each user annually (the charge is not prorated and the licensing begins on July 1 of each year). Refer to the instructions on the OIT BioRender webpage for obtaining a university license.
DocuSign - CU Anschutz employeesDocuSign is an easy-to-use, full-featured, web-based application for signing and sending documents, creating forms, and managing document workflow. DocuSign is a HIPAA-compliant resource available to CU Anschutz researchers, faculty and staff. Visit the OIT DocuSign webpage for more details about getting started.