Making a Report

Individuals who have been subjected to discrimination or harassment based on protected characteristics, any form of sexual misconduct, and/or related retaliation, have several options for reporting their concern(s). The Office of Equity (OE) is here to provide resources and support, as appropriate, to ensure all involved parties have access to a safe and inclusive working and academic environment. Depending on the nature of the alleged conduct, individuals have the ability to pursue reporting processes either with the University and/or outside of the University.

There are four ways that you can submit a report to the Office of Equity (OE).

  • You can give us a call at 303.315.2567 and share your complaint or request or you can schedule an appointment to meet with one of our professional staff members in-person. 
  • You can stop by our office* and speak with one of our professional staff in person.
    • We are located in the Lawrence Street Center on the CU Denver campus and Education 2 North on the CU Anschutz campus.

Note*: Please note that our staff work on both the CU Denver and CU Anschutz campuses and we cannot guarantee someone will be available if you stop by without an appointment.

Any instance or concern of discrimination or harassment based on a protected characteristic, any form of sexual misconduct, and/or any related retaliation can be reported to the OE.

If you are unsure if your concern is something you can report to the OE and want to discuss your concern(s) further, find contact information for our office here. 

Absolutely! Our processes and procedures are separate from any law enforcement or other court process i.e. civil law suit or criminal prosecution, that may be related to an incident reported to our office. 

Other resources you can work with include the following:

  • Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies
  • Colorado Civil Rights Division
  • U.S. Department of Education (DOE) - Office for Civil Rights
  • U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ)
  • U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)

Find contact information for the state and federal civil rights compliance entities listed above here.  

If you would like our assistance connecting you to a resource/process outside of our office, please let us know and we can: (i) provide alternative resources for reporting (including the above mentioned resources and/or other resources related to you concern(s)); (ii) reach out on your behalf to another entity outside the University; and/or (iii) we may be able to set-up a shared meeting to coordinate your reporting to both the University and the outside entity. We know it can be hard to talk about what happened, so we often work together with the outside entities in an attempt to make things easier on you.

You can reach a specific staff member by visiting our Meet the Team page. On this page you will find staff bios and their respective contact information.