Elevate student success through increased enrollment, retention and graduation rates.
Alana Jones, Interim Vice Provost and Senior Vice Chancellor for Student Success
CU Denver is focused on an unparalleled student experience, utilizing talent and technology to assure that we exceed expectations in education and support.
- Freshman-to-sophomore retention rate of 75% by 2020
- Six-year graduation rate of 60% by 2020
- Three-year graduation rate of 75% for transfer students
- Tuition and fees rate growth at or below inflation
- Increased institutional financial aid
To achieve these goals requires an unrelenting focus on students and their needs—plus, and perhaps even more critically — genuine concern for student outcomes supported by new approaches.
CU Denver staff and faculty are redesigning our systems to increase student success: realigning functional areas, increasing access to services by adopting new technologies, utilizing data and predictive analytics to design a coordinated care network
of personalized experiences for individuals, and creating a "concierge model," so students can focus on their learning while we navigate our systems for them.
- Enrolled our largest, most diverse incoming undergraduate class
- Opened the Lola & Rob Salazar Student Wellness Center
- Embarked upon reimagining services, strategies, and structures to create the 'unparalleled student experience'
- Began planning the first-year student housing and dining facility
- Outpaced our Colorado peers in closing the attainment gap for underrepresented minority students
- Created LynxConnect, an integrated resource center for career services and experiential learning, internships, undergraduate research, and study abroad/global education
- Laid the foundation for a comprehensive strategic plan for mental health
- Initiated redesign of website and mobile services
- Initiated planning for the Mental Health Strategic Plan
- Focused on more seamless experiences for students who transfer to CU Denver
- Created the Center for Undergraduate Exploration and Advising (CUE & A), where Success Advisors focus on students who have not yet chosen a major area of student
- Implemented new policies to increase student success